By Zeke Quezada
You know who you are; you travel simply to get something good to eat. Yes, you appreciate great entertainment and relaxation is also key to you having a good time but at the end of the day you want to have a culinary adventure when you travel. I understand you because I love to eat and I love to travel just to eat. In Las Vegas these are the best hotels to satisfy your foodie cravings. If you seek out food and wine in Las Vegas, these are your spots.
MGM Grand Las Vegas
This is where you stay when you want a sprawling resort that seems to have everything you need and a little more. I won’t need to convince you to eat here as the very best chefs on the planet have something to offer you at this hotel. You should know that the hotel has gone through a major renovation so you’ll find fresh new rooms and an updated décor, although with so much good food available you might not ever see what they’ve done with the place.
- L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon –Possibly the best restaurant in Las Vegas from one of the best chefs on the planet. Next door is his more formal, Joel Robuchon Restaurant, but this is the ideal place to satisfy your craving for the best food and wine that Las Vegas has to offer.
- Emeril’s Fish House – Emeril Lagasse does it southern style and you will love every minute of it. The flavors of the south infused with some Cajun flair and treats from the gulf enlighten your palate and have you planning a trip to New Orleans.
- Pub 1842 – Famed chef Michael Mina brings his talent to bar food and then changes the way you think about pre-game snacks. This approach to comfort food will have you rethinking chicken wings and nachos as your game day menu items.
- Hakassan Las Vegas – When you need a meal with your nightlife Hakassan delivers. This multilevel nightclub also is home to a restaurant that will impress you with its range and its vibe. It is a high end lounge mixed in with fine dining sprinkled with some Las Vegas decadence.
- The Must Do MGM Grand Foodie finds include the tasting menu at L’ Atelier, the soft shell crab at Emeril’s Fish House and the entire menu at Morimoto. Did I fail to tell you about this Japanese restaurant that takes you on a journey of all that is great in the Japanese culinary world? You will have sake, sushi, and seared beef that will melt in your mouth. You’ll also consider this the best restaurant that you have been to in years.
Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
The hotel is the definition of cool and hip. The rooms are spacious and if you get a room with a balcony overlooking the Las Vegas strip you’ll ask yourself if it is really necessary to ever leave Las Vegas. By the time you eat your way through the hotel restaurants you will convince yourself that you will never stay elsewhere in Las Vegas.
- China Poblano – Chinese/Mexican in a combination that feels like you had the munchies in a strip mall where a culinary giant is cooking the food.
- Momofuku – The ramen is what people talk about but the duck will be on your top five things that you have ever eaten.
- Scarpetta – I am now calling this sexy Italian because when I have a meal at Scarpetta it makes me feel good all over. The pasta, the bread, the wine, the view. it all makes this an unforgettable Vegas dining experience.
- Zuma – Sexy sushi with in a ultra lounge vibe and cocktails that will have you sticking around well after the nightclubs open.
- Estiatorio Milos – The white table cloths and the crisp Greek wine are enough to make this a personal favorite but the fresh fish and the attentive service will have you coming back over and over.
Palazzo Las Vegas
Large rooms with a touch of class and a sister property in the Venetian to add in more options. Toss in one of the best Spa options on the strip and you will not be disappointed with a stay at Palazzo Las Vegas. Oh, and the food is phenomenal with an endless supply of options.
- Carnevino – The best beef you will ever have. Period. Dry aged beef that is hard to replicate. If you can manage the budget busting specialty, order the Riserva and you will experience beef that has been aged 240 days. This is a beef lovers utopia.
- LAVO – When you need a little nightlife with your meatball this is where you’ll stop.
- Bouchon – Thomas Keller apparently knows something about food. Just in case you have not heard.
- Public House – It is where you go for beer when you want some place nice that is not just a bar.
- Black Tap Vegas – You will order a burger and a beer but you’ll crave one of their crazy shakes for the rest of your trip. Decadence.